Why Being A Geeky Girl Is Best


“…because nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff… Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can’t-control-yourself love it. Hank, when people call people nerds, mostly what they’re saying is ‘you like stuff.’ Which is just not a good insult at all. Like, ‘you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness’.”


So I am no stranger to the odd box set, Netflix binge or amazon prime obsession. And yes I didn't quite grow out of my 13 year old geeky phase. In fast I am well and truly deep within that phase. About 2000 lightyears, a Tardis right away on a broom stick. Geek. Something Which I feel has two meaning. Well two interpreted meaning that is anyway. Either you are super smart and have a ever growing interest within chess or rocket science, or you just really love 'geeky' things. Lists may involve; Star Trek/Dr Who/supernatural/Castle/Arrow/Star Wars/World Of War Craft/Dungeons And Dragons. I myself am a what you could call TV/Film geek. I love binge watching Sci-fi shows and films. It is an ever going achievement of mine to be able to watch 4 years of television within 3 weeks. But back to the original idea behind this post, as otherwise I shall venture off into how David Tennant was and is the best Doctor Who and how Arrows went down hill after season 1.

It has long been clear to me that I have a.. shall we say a passion for the sci-fi genre of films and TV shows, something that I have simply found to enjoy. But as well as just enjoying watching these shows, it is the all round surrounding atmosphere which is reason which draw me in. The reason why I keep spending money on Amazon Prime or why I get frustrated with Netflix when it tells me there are 3 more seasons that I am no longer able to watch. The whole world surrounding the shows and the fans is something that everyone can relate to. There is something out there for 99.9% of people. (That 0.1% are the people who live under the rocks in the desert somewhere, I'm sure thats the reason why they haven't opened themselves up to this wonderful world just yet.) You always have something to watch. You always never really bored or have nothing to do. Literally anything you want to buy can be personalised so you love it even more. 9/10 times the actors are dram boats, and well you can't help but want to watch more!

                                              What are your favourite films and TV shows to watch?

Loving you always....





Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Alice About Life . Designed by OddThemes